Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Not New Orleans

Today was to be our day to visit New Orleans, but I spent the day, trying to replace the bracket that I had bent yesterday. Mary spent the day doing the wash. I started with a recommendation from the campground, and after 3 more referrals, I found a place that could order the brackets for delivery tomorrow.  But it would cost $200, but for $300 they could sell me a new hitch and stabilizer bars. But they couldn’t install them till next week. He called around and after a couple calls found that a truck and auto repair shop that could install them today. I got there just before their lunch break. But within 45 minutes after lunch, I had a new hitch installed. The owner of Hickory Truck and Auto Repair is a camper and had made time to help us. I got back to the campground about 1:30 PM, we were both ready for lunch. Rather than going into town, we decided to have a quiet afternoon at camp. 

No comments: