Thursday, September 18, 2008

Washington, D.C.I

Iwa Jima Memorial


I spent these days at the World Congress for Software Quality. My talk was the first day, it went well. I had a few people come and tell me how useful they found the talk, and others who referenced it during their talks. Mary spent the first 2 days at the trailer, working to get the drum on our trailer repaired (one of the studs was completely sheared in West Virginia). On the 18th, Mary went to the brand new “Newseum” which just opened this year. It provides the history of recording the news from early papers, to TV national news, to the latest blogs. The FBI has also moved a lot of their museum here, so you can read about their big cases. On Thursday night, we took a tour of the monuments at night. The key stops were the Iwa Jima memorial, the Korean, Vietnam, and Lincoln memorials, Jefferson, and the Roosevelt memorials. I actually don't recommend this night tour – while you need to see Washington at night; the Vietnam and Roosevelt memorials should be seen in daylight.